Saw Bono last night. He wasn't singing, but talking to a group of wonks and fans about justice and our obligations. There was a bunch of stuff to think about--yet, I found myself thinking a single thought this morning.
Bono was speaking from handwritten notes and lost his place during a riff on potatoes and had to recover and everyone felt closer to him when that happened.
I thought about that and then I thought, this guy is a major rock star. He does these HUGE shows with pyro-technics, new medleys of big hits, choirs, orchestras, new arrangements. Like he doesn't rehearse?
Cynicism doesn't kill the message--of which there is much remaining to think about. But cynicism sure can derail the thinkings about the real important thoughts.
2 comments:
Are you thinking that Bono rehearsed his mistake? That he fumbled on purpose? Be careful Doc, your cynicism will kill your spirit...
Thank you! See There Is A Point.
Post a Comment