That's a big difference--between 10 and 28. For starters, the difference is 18. To put that into perspective 10 is almost one-third of 28. In the other direction, 28 is THREE TIMES greater than 10.
Why the obsession? Well, I used to have 28 days of leave, then I went to work for our United States. Even though I have been in the professional world for a long time, and even though I entered duty in a senior position, I still get 10 days of annual leave. I think that public service is important--and I am very proud of my role in serving. And yes, call me a whiner, but how can our United States expect to attract talented people to public service if there is this bizarre sense of fairness--i.e., all new people start at the bottom of the leave pile. I tell my kids all the time that fair does not mean exactly the same.
Does Karl Rove get 10 days as deputy chief of staff?
I need a vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment